Thanks for choosing Beatly!
Your personal information includes
- First Name, Last Name
- Phone number
- Uploaded picture
- Other information that directly or indirectly identifies you
We hope this helps you understand our privacy commitment to you. If you ever have questions regarding this, please email [email protected] and we’ll respond to your request there. This inbox is monitored and will provide you with a safe and smooth experience regarding GDPR.
Your rights and preferences
You may be aware of that a new European Union law, called the General Data Protection Regulation or "GDPR" gives certain rights to individuals in relation to their personal data. Accordingly we have implemented additional transparency and access controls across our services. As available and except as limited under applicable law, the rights afforded to individuals are:
- Right of Access - the right to be informed of and request access to the personal data we process about you;
- Right to Rectification - the right to request that we amend or update your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to Erasure - the right to request that we delete your personal data;
- Right to Restrict - the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal data;
- Right to Object -
- the right, at any time, to object to us processing your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation;
- the right to object to your personal data being processed for direct marketing purposes;
- Right to Data Portability - the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and the right to transmit that personal data for use in another party’s service; and
- Right not to be subject to Automated Decision-making - the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect.
What kind of information do we collect?
In order to provide the best possible Services and experiences for you as possible, we collect information that support us in doing that. We collect most of the information you probably already regard as personal when you:
- Enter your first collaboration (email, name, phone eg)
- Apply to be signed up for our Services (email, name, phone eg)
- Ask for help from our support team (email, name eg)
- Subscribe to a newsletter or submitting contact form (email, name, role eg)
- Participate in surveys, applying for a job position or entering a competition or in other ways participate in any activity that may require information from you
- Marketing data in order to send you invitations to collaborations or give you status updates regarding campaigns you are already involved in or might be requested to be involved in
How do we collect the information?
To secure and enable optimal Services, we also fetch information about you in other ways. This might not be obvious for you, which is why we would like to highlight what they are about and how it works in this section of the policy.
Connected to your usage of our Services we fetch account specific information such as payment details, compensation, details regarding previous collaborations and previous questions that you may have asked us.
Data related to the usage of our services, including browser information, metadata, language settings in browser, time and dates for when the services where used, screen size and interactions with other users within the Services.
In some cases we may collect information about you from third party sources, including publicly available databases. We can combine this data with data we already possess in order to update, broaden and gain insights in order to improve Services and supply you with better matching between you and your collaborators.
We use anonymised and aggregated information for purposes that include testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, creating marketing and promotion models, improving the Services, and developing new features and functionality within the Services.
What do we use your personal data for?
Beatly collects personal data in multiple ways in order to:
- To provide, personalise or localise your experience when using our Services
- Improve the matching in between you and future collaborators within our Services
- To understand how you access and use our services, in order to make overall user experience better
- To communicate with you for Service related purposes
- To process your payment or payout or detect fraud related to payment within our Services
- To communicate with you direct or indirect through one of our partners, for:
- participations in contests or surveys
- promotional purposes
- To provide you with new features depending on the context you are in at a given moment
- To enable payments between two collaborators
Sharing your personal data
One of our objectives is to enable you to find collaborators that matches what you are looking for. Parts of your personal information, including first name, last name, profile picture and collaboration history and sometimes nickname is publicly available within the Services for other collaborators (influencers or marketers) to see.
Sharing with trusted third parties. We share data to the extent necessary with trusted third parties in order to provide services in order for you to be able to integrate with these services and to the extent necessary for them to provide you with their services, such as:
- Payment information
- Customer relationship management
- Competitions or surveys
These and all sub processors are compliant with GDPR.
Data retention and deletion
We keep your personal data only as long as necessary to provide you with the Services and for legitimate and essential business purposes, such as maintaining the performance of the Beatly Services, making data-driven business decisions about features and offerings, complying with our legal obligations and resolving disputes. We keep some of your personal data for as long as you are a user of the Services. For example, we keep your collaboration history, messages and account information.
If you request, we will delete anonymise your personal data so that it no longer identifies you, unless, we are legally allowed or required to maintain certain personal data, including situations such as the following:
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as outstanding credit on your account or an unresolved collaboration or dispute we will retain the necessary personal data until the issue is resolved;
- Where we are required to retain the personal data for our legal, tax, audit, and accounting obligations, we will retain the necessary personal data for the period required by applicable law; and/or,
- Where necessary for our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention or to maintain the security of our users.
We follow best practices to store and protect collected personal data, both during transferring, receiving and storing it. We use encryption where it is possible and well suited.
Transfer to other countries
Beatly shares your personal data with third parties in other countries in order to carry out the activities specified in this policy. Personal data collected within the EU and Switzerland may, for example, be transferred to and processed by third parties located in a country outside of the EU and Switzerland. In such instances Beatly shall ensure that the transfer of your personal data is carried out in accordance with applicable privacy laws and, in particular, that appropriate contractual, technical and organisational measures are in place.
Our Services are only available for people above 18 years old. The Services are not aimed to be used by or in any way attract people below 18 years old. Please contact us if you know of or think you might know of anyone below 18 years old using our Services.
We may occasionally make changes to this Policy.
When we make material changes to this Policy, we’ll provide you with prominent notice as appropriate under the circumstances, e.g., by displaying a prominent notice within the Services or by sending you an email. We may notify you in advance.
Please, therefore, make sure you read any such notice carefully.
How to contact us
Beatly AB is the data controller for the purposes of the personal data processed under this Policy.